MALONE - Two St. Regis Falls residents were sentenced in county court for their involvement in a February home-invasion that prosecutors believe was drug-related.
Adam Baublitz, 24, was sentenced Thursday to 42 months to seven years in state prison for a reduced charge of third-degree burglary.
Kassi-Lynn Baublitz, 25, was sentenced Thursday to 60 days in county jail with five years probation for the same reduced count.
Jon-Alec N. Connell, 19, was granted youthful offender status, sentenced to five years probation and ordered to pay $500 restitution for the reduced third-degree burglary count.
The trio - along with Christopher Randall, 17, Jonathan R. Barto, 17, and a fifteen-year-old female from North Lawrence - were all charged with first-degree burglary following a Feb. 29 incident where it is alleged they broke into the St. Regis Falls home of Ritchie DeCarr while brandishing weapons and making threats.
District Attorney Derek Champagne previously stated the weapons included a yet-to-be-recovered firearm, a club, and a piece of wood. He stated at the time of the incident that his office believes Randall and Adam Baublitz were the brains behind the operation.
Randall was given a sentence of 16 months to four years in state prison in late-October for a reduced third-degree burglary charge. Barto still has a pending case. The underage female is being handled through family court and will likely not be charged as an adult.
The groups victim, DeCarr, is currently facing two counts each of felony third-degree criminal sale and possession of a controlled substance for allegedly selling cocaine and possessing the drug with the intent to sell it on May 31.
This goes hand-in-hand with our theory to begin with: that it was drug-related, Mr. Champagne said.
State police investigators said at the time of the groups arrests that nothing was reported stolen in the burglary attempt. One of the defendants reportedly knew the alleged victim; the St. Regis Falls man was able to provide investigators with the nickname of one of the men involved in the incident, police said.
Adam Baublitz was paroled for a prior felony conviction from Bare Hill Correctional Facility on Feb. 9, which was 20 days before the home invasion, according to the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (NYSDOCCS). He served three years of a six-year sentence for fourth-degree grand larceny and second-degree forgery.
In other county court business before Judge Robert G. Main Jr. on Thursday:
■ Pasquale Bosco, 51, of Brushton pleaded not guilty to two counts of first-degree unlawful imprisonment and one count each of second-degree menacing and fourth-degree criminal mischief. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Dec. 20.
A grand jury handed up an indictment for the charges on Nov. 14, stemming from an alleged Oct. 9 offense.
■ Amy Bingham, 43, of Fort Covington pleaded not guilty to charges of driving while intoxicated and driving while intoxicated with blood alcohol content above .08 percent. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Dec. 19.
A grand jury indicted her for the charges on Dec. 6, stemming from an alleged July 4 offense.